Recent comments

• Nobody NEEDS a cellphone   6 years 18 weeks ago

We need air, water, food, shelter and, on some level, love. But it's a rare person who needs a cell phone. I believe it's the dependency rather than the device, that's lamentable. I'll gladly spare you any claim to superiority. Should it ever come to that, my claim will be on better grounds than appliance ownership. Some people play their own music, some bake their own bread. Some walk rather than drive. You decide for yourself which machines you need, and why. I'll make my own choices.

• A review of my Netfone VoIP service   6 years 18 weeks ago

Thanks for your article on netwfone. I will not be going with them!

• A basic install profile   6 years 19 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing, it was very useful in my case. Fred

• Features Part 2 - Managing your feature   6 years 21 weeks ago

Wow, Great post. Keep it up

• Drupalcon is dead. Long live Drupalcon?   6 years 23 weeks ago

Drupalcon is not yet dead. I always wanted to attend meetings although I don't have the authority.

• Last update from Thailand   6 years 23 weeks ago

Ya, I was surprised too actually. Most of what I learned was just in the last month too... but ya, still a lot more work before I could read even at a grade 1 level I think :).

• Last update from Thailand   6 years 23 weeks ago

Wow I'm impressed how much Thai you learned. Dinner on me when you are in Denver.

• Drupalcon is dead. Long live Drupalcon?   6 years 25 weeks ago

Just had a small request, why is your content on the right side of the page, and not the left? It's pretty annoying, I suggest you change this please.

• A basic install profile   6 years 25 weeks ago

good article.

I creating a personal distribution has been very good article, I will profile a mixture of more than expose the profile that I found botafoc.cat is also pretty good.

thanks for the article.

• A basic install profile   6 years 25 weeks ago

Hey Gregg,

As far as the difference goes... I try and use features for every possible thing they can be used for. There's no benefit to me to write my own config tasks if I don't need to. Using features makes the install as well as upgrades simpler.

Maybe the one exception is things like menu items. For whatever reason I've found that they don't work so well with features and fail in ways that haven't been easy for me to reproduce.

I'd hoped to have gotten two more posts out since this one but the past couple weeks have been busier than expected. Should get them out next week though!

• A basic install profile   6 years 25 weeks ago

Thanks Scott - this post had some interesting and useful stuff in it . When you do the follow up features workflow post, I would appreciate if you could go into detail about what config tasks you would want to put into your install profile and what into features as I have found the crossover between the two can get quite confusing. Is it an either/or approach or should they be used together for configuration. I understand that you would need the profile to at least define and enable the features.

• An overview of D7 install profiles   6 years 27 weeks ago

D7 profiler_api type module at www.drupal.org/project/profiler

Also, there is now a simple GUI interface to create a profile:

.... totally annoyed by cool modules such as Ckeditor that only look in sites/all/modules for dependencies, as clearly they can live in other places besides sites/all/modules. I wish Library would catch on.

Doing stuff by hand is great. But leveraging a tool like Profiler + Drush Make can get you there really fast:

Currently building a site via install profile and all the tools i've outlined above. Nice writeup look forward to the followups.

• Features Part 3 - Re-usable features   6 years 27 weeks ago

I followed your code but the value of configure item of page in the admin/config/content/example_blog couldn't be saved.

I did a refresh and it still gave me the default value of 10 from example_blog feature module.

• Features Part 3 - Re-usable features   6 years 27 weeks ago

Why not using hook_views_query_alter() to alter views query but to use hook_views_pre_view() ?

• Features Part 1 - A simple feature   6 years 27 weeks ago

Hey Adrian. All references to "blog" in my post have absolutely nothing to do with the core blog.module. I'm not particularly fond of that module and never use it :).

• Features Part 1 - A simple feature   6 years 27 weeks ago

The blog content type mentioned in the text is refer to the core blog module or custom create content type?

• Features Part 2 - Managing your feature   6 years 27 weeks ago

dkingofpa, nice set of questions, and Scott, thanks for the excellent answers!

I'm looking forward to a future post on issue #5. :)

• Nobody NEEDS a cellphone   6 years 28 weeks ago

There is nothing sexist about it... I was just making a personal joke at Scott, which caused him to chuckle.

• Nobody NEEDS a cellphone   6 years 28 weeks ago

Cell phones suck, they are a curese. What is "sexist" about that?

• A review of my Netfone VoIP service   6 years 28 weeks ago

I did have my set of problems with netfone and i have been with them for a couple of years now but off late they seem to have made changes for the better. The service is more prompt and about 3 month back when i was charged for a couple of long distance calls that did not connect they promptly gave me the credit for it and also fixed the problem. I was rather surprised and i have not had a problem since.I think i am going to stick on to them.

Also with their recent changes to the customers online account its easier to keep track of what was charged.

• Nobody NEEDS a cellphone   6 years 28 weeks ago

Isn't that a bit of a sexist picture you've chosen to represent your complaint? :P

• Creating nodes in Drupal install profiles   6 years 28 weeks ago

Hello,

First off, great article i was looking for something exactly like this.I wanted to know if you have any idea how to build this with images also, creating nodes and automatically assigning images for say a "image" field (not stored in node table).

I am going to investigate on this, if i come up with something i'll post it here.

Best regards,
    Joao

• Creating Custom Triggers in Drupal   6 years 29 weeks ago

Hi,

Thanks to share such a nice information.

• 9 Drush links to take you from beginner to advanced.   6 years 29 weeks ago

Hi Scott!

There are some excellent screencasts about new drush-5.x fetures from Owen Barton, one of the drush co-maintainers.

Thx for provided drush links and also for how to build platforms with Drupal series - I'm looking forward to see more of that. :)

Cheers.

P.S.
    Don't know if you moderate your comments or my last comment was eaten by Mollom.. :/

• 9 Drush links to take you from beginner to advanced.   6 years 29 weeks ago

Hi Scott!

Owen Barton (one of the maintainers) have excellent new screencasts on drush-5.x features: http://civicactions.com/tags/drush

Thx for such good drush links and also for other very interesting and instructive articles! :)

Looking forward for more info about building platforms w/ Drupal.

Cheers!