Recent comments

• Adding a simple twitter feed to your Drupal site   5 years 6 weeks ago

whoops :) bunk permissions on the upload viewing. Yeah, I thought about doing this as a feature with a bit more options. And I don't think it would take a much work to make the aggregator module exportable either, not a lot of settings there (but that would be for another day). In the end pretty much all the work was in the view, so it seemed to be simplest just to post that.

• Adding a simple twitter feed to your Drupal site   5 years 6 weeks ago

No attachment? Oh, and also, turning this into a Feature instead and sticking it on Github would be cool. Although, not sure if the aggregator module is exportable (I don't think it is).

• Adding a simple twitter feed to your Drupal site   5 years 6 weeks ago

Thanks Boris, I hadn't seen that one. I also updated your link with the _ instead of the -

• Adding a simple twitter feed to your Drupal site   5 years 6 weeks ago

There is also http://drupal.org/project/twitter_pull, which is mainly convenience functions in PHP.

• My favorite cape town wineries   5 years 8 weeks ago

When I've looked I've not at all been impressed with the selection of South African wines in Canada. I've even found that some of the SA wines in BC you can buy don't even exist in South Africa, which is pretty odd (export only I guess). I think BC has a pretty decent selection of Australian and South American wines though, yeah.

South Africa /does/ have their own port actually. It's referred to as Cape Port (I think the term Port can only properly refer to fortified wines from Portugal). The port here is IMHO as good as any I've had too. Though I've never had a really expensive port before either.

• My favorite cape town wineries   5 years 8 weeks ago

I love South African viognier! Though the selection of SA reds in BC is probably fine, it has to compete with reds priced slightly cheaper from South America--though in BC terms "slightly cheaper" means $14 instead of $15. South Africa also distills brandy too. I have a cheap bottle that's not very good on its own (from Paarl), but they probably make much nicer stuff that could stand to be sipped. How about port? Does South Africa have their own? Have you tried any? Cheers!

• My favorite cape town wineries   5 years 8 weeks ago

we can hardly wait too!!

• My favorite cape town wineries   5 years 8 weeks ago

It looks gorgeous there - I can hardly wait to come and visit you.

• A review of my Netfone VoIP service   5 years 10 weeks ago

I have been with VoiceNetwork.ca for 3 years almost and I love the service they provide. The support is fast, I can download all my calls into excel. And they have a huge selection of Canadian and USA DID numbers.

They have also setup web banking so I can pay them directly from my TD CANADA trust account. I don't think a lot of providers have Web banking setup.

• The political situation in Thailand   5 years 10 weeks ago

I said: "In 2001, the first person who wasn't born into a rich family was elected (Thaksin Shinawatra)."

You said:

"Please do you research better than this. Thaksin Shinawatra is not the first rich boy who become Thai Prime Minister. Please search "Chaun Likphai". He is born to a normal family."

I never said he was the first rich boy... I said he was the first person who /wasn't/ born into a rich family. So I don't think we're disagreeing here...

In fact, I don't think anything you said here contradicts what I've written. You're just clearly someone who dislikes Thaksin and you have your reasons. I'm not Thai, nor have I ever lived in Thailand so I have no strong opinion one way or the other on the matter. What I do know, is that the corruption he was accused of sounds no different than what the leaders of any other democratic country do :).

Please note that this post was written on Dec 5, 2009, months before the current uprising began.

With regards to the current political crisis, as far as I can tell what the protesters want is an election, since the current government was not elected. I don't know a lot about the situation though, and this post merely provides a very high level overview and a little background information from the past few years.

• The political situation in Thailand   5 years 10 weeks ago

Thaksin Shinawatra is born to at least to say an upper middle class family. His family owns one of the biggest silk store in Chiang Mai. If he is so sincere, how can you become more rich when you were Prime minister.

Previous political uprising in Thailand will always support by highly educated people such as university students. However, do you see any students at this time?

Please search the situation about how his daughter get into the university. Thailand has a standard one test for get into university and never have any rumor about disappearing exam until his daughter's exam year.

If he is so clean, why upon he becomes Prime minister, his company bought out the news channel and newspaper.

He had several great project which actually in place with a new name or have an underlying agenda.

His medical plan brings the country to a crisis of hospital bankruptcy. His 30 Baht cures every disease is failing. Before poor people get treat for free or pay something like 100 baht and get medicine for a whole month. This is just an example. Now they need to pay 30 Baht and get medicine for a week. Some people travel like 3 hours to go to hospital. Going 4 times a month cause people more money. These are people who get paid by days.

• Random observations in Tokyo   5 years 10 weeks ago

Yeah when I visited Japan I noticed that nobody eats and walks. It is a big culture shock when you compare it to America where we are eating everywhere and anywhere.

Cheers!
    Collin LaHay
    uber link building

• A review of my Netfone VoIP service   5 years 13 weeks ago

Ya I'm currently with them also and getting out, I have been having simular problems with thereservice and can no longer make outgoing calls and now I have tried several times to reach them. I have left messages to call me but no one ever does, also no one there knows what they are doing, I have bills which have been overcharged and they have never rectified it. They are the worst company i have ever delt with there customer service support is terrible.

• Kruger National Park   5 years 18 weeks ago

cool pics scoot!

• Kruger National Park   5 years 18 weeks ago

looks like you guys are having a "blast". hope you continue to enjoy your "travels".

• Kruger National Park   5 years 18 weeks ago

Whew - looks like he (she?) rejected you for mating.

• Kruger National Park   5 years 18 weeks ago

Thanks! Ya we saw babies of everything. It was very cool.
    Do you have a blog or anything? Would love to see how your travels are going :-)

• Kruger National Park   5 years 18 weeks ago

Hluhluwe Umfolozi is by far my favourite park in South Africa but Kruger is a great introduction. It was an exceptionally good rainy season and the veld looks fantastic (I was there about a month ago). You should have seen quite a lot of young animals which is quite an experience in itself.

Strangely enough, on my last trip I ran first out of memory, borrowed a card from my boet just to have the battery die shortly thereafter with the most beautiful knobbly fig (Ficus sansibarica) which I could not photograph :s

I hope that the rest of your trip will be even better and that cruger would have been nothing but a good start in the end!

• Doritos Unidentified Flavour   5 years 20 weeks ago

There's another Doritos Unidentified Flavour contest now. Check out the info on Doritos Unidentified Flavour here: http://www.wilddoritos.com/doritos-unidentified-flavour.html

Maybe the new Unidentified Doritos Flavour is Wild Doritos!

• Doritos Unidentified Flavour   5 years 21 weeks ago

what poem?

• Doritos Unidentified Flavour   5 years 21 weeks ago

Ever read the poem?.

• A review of my Netfone VoIP service   5 years 25 weeks ago

Yeah, I'm still happy with them... I also just wrote an updated blog post on what I'm using for phone service. Phone calls anywhere

• Creating Custom Triggers in Drupal   5 years 26 weeks ago

Drupal should have named this module something else. I want to write a module which sets up a MySQL trigger inside the database, not a PHP script which triggers an action. I see that there is a db_create_table function but no db_create_trigger. Anyone know if this is possible?

• Shrubxery - A python implementation of blosxom   5 years 28 weeks ago

Very good post, thanks a lot.

• Creating Custom Triggers in Drupal   5 years 29 weeks ago

I think what you need to do is use the insert and update cases. Then check the value of 'status' on the node and compare it to the version of the node that's already saved in the database and see if it's changed from 0 to 1.

However, I think there's a trigger by default that's on node publish/unpublish, you should probably take a look at what that's doing.